Each summer up to eight untenured scholars gather at the Omohundro Institute for two weeks to work both as a group and individually with OI editors and staff on either a manuscript chapter or a journal article in progress. The weeks include seminar-style meetings on conceptual development, manuscript editing, and source verification as well as time for writing, revising, and consulting.
The Scholars’ Workshop is part of the Lapidus Initiative.
Scholars who are interested in applying for the 2018 workshop should note the following.
- Materials selected for the Scholars’ Workshop may not be under active consideration by any publisher, nor will the authors be obligated to submit these manuscripts for publication consideration at the OIEAHC.
- Only untenured scholars, with or without an institutional affiliation may apply. Applicants must have completed the Ph.D. by the application deadline.
- The Workshop carries a stipend of $2,000 for the initial two weeks.
- Participants are invited, but not required, to remain in Williamsburg for an additional two weeks after the Workshop concludes. Scholars will be paid $1,000 for each of the weeks that they remain.
- Assistance in locating housing will be offered, and an office within the College’s Swem Library will be provided.
The application period for the 2018 workshop has closed. Please continue to check this website for information on the 2019 Scholars’ Workshop or sign up for our weekly e-newsletter to receive updates about all of our programs.
Please direct questions to Martha Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.