The Virginia Consortium of Early Americanists (VCEA) is an annual meeting for the community of early American scholars based in the Commonwealth. We come together to share research, professional guidance and feedback, and get to know one another. The VCEA typically meets in Richmond, and in past years has been hosted by the University of Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth University, and the Library of Virginia. The Omohundro Institute provides organizational and logistical support.
It is a very different year, so we are imagining a different VCEA. The OI-hosted Virtual VCEA on Saturday, January 30, 2021 will include:
- Time for mentoring, networking and thematic meet-ups.
- Breakout sessions on professional development, teaching, research, writing and digital projects in a pandemic, including a session on collaboration.
- A session on scholars and the 250th anniversary of American independence.
- Lightning rounds! With time for thunderous applause and lots of Q&A.
Submit a proposal if you would like to participate in any of the following ways.
- Present a lightning round talk on your research.
- Participate in a teaching session.
- Participate in a session on digital research techniques.
- Serve as a mentor in a breakout session on collaboration, research, teaching, or professional development.
Proposals are due December 11.
Email Holly White (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.