We look forward to seeing you in Williamsburg, Virginia, for the “For 2026: Revolutionary Legacies” conference (October 28-29, 2022).
You must register to attend the OI conference and you must indicate which of the walking tours and plenary sessions you will attend. Tickets for those events will be included in your registration packet. You do not need to be an OI Associate to register for the conference.
The Slate Seminar is a “conference within a conference” designed to illuminate or align with the history and legacies of the Williamsburg Bray School (1760-1774) and the mission of the Bray School Lab to study, preserve, and disseminate broadly the Williamsburg Bray School story. It is underwritten by a generous grant from the Mellon Foundation and is intended to encourage public participation. (Slate Seminar sessions are included in all OI conference registrations.) CLICK HERE for more information.
We have secured group rates at the following hotels. The number of rooms available at each location is limited.
The Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites at Colonial Williamsburg, $189 per night. Reservations must be made by 5:00 pm ET on October 4, 2022. USE THIS LINK to book your room.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites at 1402 Richmond Road in Williamsburg, $129 per night with a two-night minimum. Reservations must be made by 5:00 pm ET on October 4, 2022. USE THIS LINK to book your room.
The Embassy Suites at 3006 Mooretown Road in Williamsburg, $149 per night. USE THIS LINK to book your room.
“For 2026” conference attendees are expected to follow the COVID safety protocols established by William & Mary. You can read more about W&M policies for faculty and staff, as well as for students, here.
The following restates or paraphrases the protocols most relevant to conference goers:
- Masks are optional in most indoor and outdoor spaces on the William & Mary campus. They remain required in the W&M Student Health Center. Masking is encouraged in large crowds.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are strongly encouraged. Visit Vaccinate Virginia for local vaccination sites in the Commonwealth.
- The CDC calls for any COVID-19 positive person to isolate for at least five days. Visit Quarantine & Isolation Guide and Calculator for more information.
- Do not attend events at William & Mary for at least five days or as long as you are sick.
- William & Mary no longer conducts contact tracing. If you are advised that you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, the next steps depend on your vaccination status. Visit the CDC’s Quarantine & Isolation Guide and Calculator for information.
- Individuals who are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine if they remain asymptomatic.