Omohundro Institute Fellowships
We support scholars.
We currently offer postdoctoral, predoctoral, and travel fellowships.
- Omohundro Institute-NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship—a two-year residential postdoctoral fellowship in any area of early American studies. This fellowship is awarded annually.
- Scholars’ Workshop—a two-week workshop for six untenured scholars to work both as a group and individually with Institute editors and staff on either a manuscript chapter or a journal article in progress.
- Short-Term Visiting Fellowship–for scholars, from advanced graduate students to senior scholars, to come to Williamsburg, Virginia, for periods of 1–2 months to use Williamsburg and other regional scholarly resources.
- Lapidus–OIEAHC Fellowship—up to eight predoctoral fellowships awarded annually to support advanced graduate student research related to Early American and transatlantic print culture.
- Travel Scholars Fellowship—awarded to faculty and graduate students from developing countries to support participation in an Institute conference or workshop.