Remembering Drew Cayton as a scholar and a friend
Two memorial funds have been created in Drew’s honor, below are links to both funds.
Two memorial funds have been created in Drew’s honor,
below are links to both funds should you wish to contribute.
- The American Midwest: An Interpretive Encyclopedia, edited with Richard Sisson and Christian Zacher (2007)
- The American Midwest: Essays on Regional History, edited with Susan E. Gray (2001); reprinted in paperback under the title The Identity of the American Midwest: Essays on Regional History (2007).
- “The Authority of Imagination in an Age of Wonder,” Journal of the Early Republic 33 (2013): 1-27 [Delivered as the Presidential Address at the annual meeting of the Society of the History of the Early Republic, 2012]
- Contact Points: American Frontiers from the Mohawk Valley to the Mississippi, edited with Fredrika J. Teute (1998)
- The Dominion of War: Empire and Liberty in North America, 1500–2000, with Fred Anderson (2005)
- Frontier Indiana (1996)
- The Frontier Republic: Ideology and the Politics in the Ohio Country, 1790–1825 (1986)
- Love in the Time of Revolution: Transatlantic Literary Radicalism and Historical Change, 1793–1818 (2013)
- Midwest and the Nation: Rethinking the History of an American Region, with Peter Onuf (1990)
- “‘Noble Actors’ upon ‘the Theatre of Honour’: Power and Civility in the Treaty of Greenville,” in Contact Points (1998).
- Ohio: The History of a People (2002)
- “‘Separate Interests’ and the Nation-State: The Washington Administration and the Origins of Regionalism in the Trans-Appalachian West,” Journal of American History 78 (1992): 39-67.
- “‘When Shall We Cease to Have Judases?’ The Blount Conspiracy and the Limits of the ‘Extended’ Republic,” Launching the “Extended” Republic: The Federalists Era, edited by Ronald Hoffman (1996).